Christmas Hat and Jumper Day 2023
On Thursday 21st December 2023 we will be taking donations of £1 from staff and students for wearing a Christmas hat or jumper.
We will be raising money for charity (the charity to be confirmed )
Total raised will be posted once the event has taken place.
Christmas Jumper and Hat Day 2022
On Wednesday, 7th December, we will held a Charity day at school to raise funds for two purposes.
Half of the money raised went to a local charity called Depher cic UK, which is based in Manchester and provides life-saving support for elderly and disabled people who struggle with plumbing, heating, gas, electricity and food, amongst others. The excellent work they do helps people within local communities through the current economic problems.
The other half of the money will allow students within our school to compete in national events such as Trampolining, Football, Handball and Racing. The cost of these events has gone up significantly, which means that some students cannot participate.
The money raised will came from the following:
- England matches - students paid £1 to watch the games at school and have bought refreshments.
- Bake Sale - cakes were sold at break and lunch on the day
- Penalty Shootout - For two days, years 7 and 8 took penalties against our Whitworth bear mascot with a prize for the winner.
- Hamper Raffle- tickets were sold with the winner announced on Wed 7th Dec.
- Staff Gin Raffle - Well done to Mrs Mellor and Mr Blore who won this prize.
- Spin-a-thon- 3 year 10 students kept two spinning bikes moving between 7am and 5pm.
- Sweet Jar- students guessed the number of sweets in the jar. The closest guess won the pot.
There were lots of other events going on in the day and week leading up to it.
If you would like to make any further donations, please visit the Depher cic UK Go Fund Me Page
As a school raised a total of £1,620.00 for both causes at the charity day with £1000 of this going to Depher cic UK. Thank you to all who have donated, entered our raffles and supported these wonderful causes.
Christmas Shoe Box Appeal
Students and staff have been busy collecting donations for our Christmas Ukraine shoe box appeal. We have been informed our collection will help those at St Nicholas children's hospital in Lviv. Well done to all involved.
On Friday 30th September 2022 students arranged a McMillan bake sale along with raffles for staff and parents.
We raised a total of £1137.72
Thank you to all staff, students, parents and local business who supported this event.
Thank you to all our students, parents and staff who have sent in donations of food and clothing for the refugees in Ukraine.
We also raised a fantastic £1,076.00 in cash. Well done everyone.
Hall Fold, Whitworth, Rossendale,
Lancashire, OL12 8TS