Business Studies and Enterprise is the past, the present and the future. It prepares the students for the competitive world of employment by introducing them to the concepts of business and enterprise, as well as the logistics and ICT software programmes that students will need to use in their everyday work life. By incorporating skill sets from every department, from Maths and English, through to History and Psychology, Business Enterprise gives students an insight into their future in a way that no other subject does.
- entrepreneurial characteristics and business aims and objectives
- legal structures, organisational structures and stakeholder engagement
- the marketing mix, market research, market types and orientation types
- operations management
- internal and external influences on business
- research, resource planning and growth for business
- human resource requirements for a business start-up
- sources of enterprise funding and business finance
- business and enterprise planning.