Pupil Remote Learning Policy
At Whitworth Community High School, we understand the need to continually deliver high quality education, including during periods of remote working – whether for an individual pupil or many. We recognise the importance of maintaining high expectations in all areas of school life and ensuring that all pupils have access to the learning resources and support they need to succeed.
Through the implementation of this policy, we aim to address the key concerns associated with remote working, such as online safety, access to educational resources, data protection, and safeguarding.
This policy aims to:
· Minimise the disruption to pupils’ education and the delivery of the curriculum.
· Ensure provision is in place so that all pupils have access to high quality learning resources.
· Protect pupils from the risks associated with using devices connected to the internet.
· Ensure staff, parent, and pupil data remains secure and is not lost or misused.
· Ensure robust safeguarding measures continue to be in effect during the period of remote learning.
· Ensure all pupils have the provision they need to complete their work to the best of their ability, and to remain happy, healthy, and supported during periods of remote learning.
Hall Fold, Whitworth, Rossendale,
Lancashire, OL12 8TS